Saturday, April 26, 2014

Long over-due update

It's been months. Months and months. I have been intending some sort of update for a long time but so much has been happening it's hard to make a start. Let's just bullet-point this.



  • I moved. You maybe knew this was about to happen. I am back in Dunedin - where i grew up. I have been fighting thinking this was a step backwards - it is not. It is good. Hard, but good.
  • I started working as an apprentice tattooist. Dream job achieved. Also very hard but also very good. I'm tattooing the public now and it's a lot of hard work but.. good. yes.
  • I got a puppy. My childhood dream! His name is Rigby and he is tiny and ridiculous and very very cute.


  • I bought a house. This is nuts and I still don't know how i managed to do this. Working two jobs in Wellington helped me save a lot, and real estate in Dunedin is much cheaper than most other places. It does mean i'm now pretty broke all the time, but it's worth it to have my own little space.

  • My partner and I seperated. This was a big one.. I won't go into details. I think it was the right thing for both of us, but it's still been pretty shattering. 7 years with someone is a long time, especially when that was your entire 20's. I haven't figured out how to socially interact in a romantic way with people yet, so i've been spending a lot of quiet time alone listening to records and reading comics. It's probably good for me even if it's hard.

Anyway... new life. Everything is new, change is scary but I know it'll work out soon. More updates to follow, including some photos of the tattoos i've been doing.

4 comments:

wishcandy said...

I'm glad to see that you're blogging again. Your dog is super adorable and your house looks cozy. <3

Anonymous said...

Changes are good, you never really know what's waiting for you.
I expect more posts of your new works. : D
Dog is so cute!

hungryandfrozen said...

That Rigby! <3 good-for-you-but-hard is kind of the worst, but go you. Looking forward to seeing some tattoo photos xx

Unknown said...

i could model your tables for you :)